Updated 12th April 2021
Littlehampton Harbour Board is committed to protecting harbour users, local residents and our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. On 22nd February 2021, the Prime Minister set out the expected timescales for the lifting of restrictions in a 4-step “roadmap” for Spring 2021. On 2nd March British Marine and the Royal Yachting Association published further guidance for marine leisure (with UK government approval from DfT, DEFRA and DCMS).
This notice provides an update on local implications England moves into “Step 2” on 12th April:
- Use of private vessels: Using private boats for leisure purposes with up to 6 persons or 2 households aboard is permitted. The Public Slipway remains open but please check operator policies before travelling to other privately managed slipways.
- Charter vessels, harbour ferries or water taxis with leisure passengers: It is up to the discretion of each individual operator to decide how many passengers their particular craft can operate with whilst ensuring social distancing (it is certainly no more than Skipper + 6 persons or 2 households).
- Overnight stays on vessels are now permitted (single households only). The Harbour’s Visitor Moorings are now open to individual yachts who have onboard toilet facilities and holding tanks because the shoreside visitor toilets/showers remain closed.
- Maintenance: We may now visit boats more regularly for general maintenance.
- Harbour Office: Now open on a 1-in / 1-out basis for in-person enquiries and payments by card. However, wherever possible please contact us remotely via email@example.com, 01903 721 215 or VHF 71.
- PWC User Permits: New PWC (Jet Ski) user permits can only be issued at the harbour office with appointments by prior booking only.
Expected changes at Step 3: date TBC by government but no earlier than 17th May:
- Shoreside visitor toilets re-open (showers remain closed)
- Small visitor rallies permitted (up to 10 yachts or 30 persons overall).
Expected changes at Step 4: date TBC by government but no earlier than 21st June:
- Subject to further review by government, remaining restrictions lifted.